A Potential Role of the Spike Protein in Neurodegenerative ...



stage 4 cancer prognosis lung :: Article Creator

4 Lung Cancer Warning Signs That May Appear First Thing In The Morning

Lung Cancer Warning Signs That May Appear First Thing In The Morning Lung cancer symptoms: Never ignore these 4 signs in the morning. Read on to know everything.

Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally, accounting for an estimated 9.6 million deaths, or one in six deaths. The disease is marked by the uncontrolled growth of cells in the body. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), lung, prostate, colorectal, stomach and liver cancer are the most common types of cancer in men, while breast, colorectal, lung, cervical and thyroid cancer are the most common among women.

Lung Cancer Symptoms You Should Never Ignore

In this article, we will take a deeper look into lung cancer and symptoms that one may notice in the morning. While symptoms of cancer are often vague, and subtle, experts say that the only best way to prevent this disease from getting worse is by spotting the signs at its early stages.

Lung cancer, which is one of the top 10 most common types of cancer found globally also doesn't carry clear and easily visible symptoms. According to the experts, lung cancer is one of those silent killers, that has no signs or symptoms in the early stages. This is the primary reason why early detection of lung cancers is so difficult. These signs only start appearing when the cancer spread. However, knowing the warning signs beforehand can help you timely detect your symptoms, if you experience any.

Lung Cancer Symptoms In the Morning

Here are 4 warning symptoms of lung cancer that could appear first thing in the morning. This means if you are suffering from lung cancer, your body will show these signs straight after waking up. It is important that these following signs are not ignored at any cost and you should seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of these symptoms.

Fever

As per the US National Institutes of Health, a patient suffering from lung cancer often manifests the symptom of fever, first thing in the morning. This sudden rise in the body's tem[perature happens due to the infection (including those associated with neutropenic fever due to radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy), followed by tumour fever induced by tumour progression or high tumour burden.

Waking Up Drenched In Sweat

Sweating profusely while sleeping, and especially in the morning is also one of the 4 warning signs of lung cancer. One of the causes of this unexplained morning sweating could be fever caused by cancer. When your body's temperature is high, it sweats excessively in order to help the body cool down.

Persistent Dry Cough

A dry cough (without any mucus) for over 3 weeks is not a great sign. It could also mean that your lungs are dealing with cancer cells and that you need to make an immediate visit to the hospital. Lung cancer cough usually starts as a dry cough that comes in spasms. As per data, at least 65 per cent of lung cancer patients have a nagging cough by the time they're diagnosed.

Blood In Sputum

The fourth and most common sign of lung cancer is blood in your sputum. Sputum, also known as phlegm, is a thick type of mucus made in the lungs.

Total Wellness is now just a click away.

Follow us on


My Doctors Dismissed My Symptoms — Now I Have Stage 4 Cancer

Scott has since undergone surgery and six months of chemotherapy. Scott has since undergone six months of chemotherapy and surgery to remove a tumor from his liver. Richard Scott / SWNS

"I'm now reliant on Anny, and she's had to drop hours at work to help look after me," Scott explained.

"I face an uncertain future, but am determined to give everything I can to fight this disease and spend as much time possible with my family."

The couple has two daughters, ages 6 and 10.

"We used to do everything as a family — go on holidays, trips, days out, but that's all on hold at the minute because of my illness," Scott noted.

"I've tried to remain as positive as I can, not only for myself and my recovery, but for Anny and the children."

Scott said he also contacted a medical negligence lawyer to help him investigate why it took so long for him to be diagnosed with cancer.

He wants to help other people know the warning signs of bowel cancer.

"It's vital that people don't think they have to go through a cancer diagnosis alone, as help and support are available," he concluded.


WTOP's Neal Augenstein Has 'no Evidence Of Disease,' Months After Stage 4 Lung Cancer Diagnosis

In November 2022, I was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer, with malignant lesions and lymph nodes in both lungs — now, my oncologist tells me I have "No Evidence of Disease," in my lungs or anywhere else in my body.

A lot can happen in five months.

In November 2022, I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer with malignant lesions and lymph nodes in both lungs. Now, my oncologist tells me I have "No Evidence of Disease," in my lungs or anywhere else in my body.

For a patient with cancerous tumors, NED is essentially the same as 'remission,' which is used for blood cancers: The signs and symptoms of cancer are no longer present in my body.

It's not the same as "cured," and if you asked if I were cancer-free, I'd have to add "for now."

I'm recovering beautifully from last week's robot-assisted lobectomy to remove the upper lobe of my left lung where my cancer started. The five small incisions from the four tiny robot arms, operated by my surgeon, as well as a drainage tube are healing well.

Walking a couple miles a day is helping me recover my lung capacity.

So, what's next?

From here, I'll continue with the one-pill-a-day targeted therapy I've taken since December, which killed the cancerous lesions and lymph nodes in both lungs.

In November 2022, after a biopsy showed I had lung cancer, biomarker testing focused on my DNA and the changes that led to uncontrolled cell growth, which is what cancer is.

The biomarker testing showed I have EGFR exon 19 deletion. For that particular mutation, there's a targeted therapy called osimertinib, with a brand name of Tagrisso, which "turns off" the signals that tell my cancer cells to grow and divide.

And I'll have CT scans every few months; CT scans can detect any activity down to millimeters. My oncologist and surgeon tells me if cancer were to recur in my lungs, or anywhere in my body, it would be much easier to aggressively treat, likely with surgery or radiation.

Psychologically, I'm feeling terrific. Reflecting on the new developments in biopharmaceuticals and operating room technology, in the arsenal of my wonderful treatment team, I'm allowing myself to breathe several sighs of relief.

So, it seems like the first leg of my cancer journey is winding to a close. While I certainly wouldn't mind hearing "Neal, you're cured," I'm pleasantly surprised, frankly, at how easily I'm accepting that stringent monitoring will continue for the foreseeable future.

So, NED, or "cancer-free, for now" are good places to be, five months after the start of my cancer journey.

My oncologist told me "the surveillance plan will be similar to someone with active cancer, given that we have to remain vigilant."

Strategically, that absolutely makes sense — and as a person hoping to live a long, healthy life, it's even more appreciated.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog